From: Doug Ewell (
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 23:26:54 EDT

  • Next message: Asmus Freytag: "Re: QBCS"

    Tex Texin <tex at i18nguy dot com> wrote:

    > In most industry usages, MBCS refers to variable width encodings, not
    > fixed width.

    Well, if variable-width encodings are referred to as both DBCS (see, for
    example, and MBCS, then what
    term is used to describe a fixed-width encoding of more than 1 byte? Or
    was the concept not common enough to warrant a name until Unicode?

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Tue Sep 02 2003 - 00:28:52 EDT