Re: Variation sequences in code charts?

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 13:56:29 CST

At 03:07 PM 10/12/03 -0400, Laurentiu Iancu wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I was wondering if it would be a good idea to include variation sequences in
>the code charts, as notes below the base characters that have standardized
>variants. To me it would seem as a convenient place to reference them, but I
>realize there may be other aspects that I am not aware of. Can anybody please
>comment on this?

This is such an excellent idea! We've been focused on defining lists of
variations by variation selector. However, since the variation selectors
don't have any meanings of an by themselves, giving the variation at the
base character would be where users would look for them.

I'll pass your suggestion to the right people on the editorial committee.

A./