Re: Klingons and their allies - Beyond 17 planes

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 07:41:36 CST

>Nick Nicholas <opoudjis at optushome dot com dot au> wrote:
>
>> If software can't cope with the PUA, that *is* defeating the purpose
>> of the PUA (two people can and should be allowed to exchange data in
>> it by agreement, they just shouldn't expect everyone else to
>> subscribe to that agreement).
>
>The best explanation of the PUA I've heard in a long time. If Nick's
>words aren't the absolute truth, a lot of assumptions I've been making
>about the PUA for the past 7 years are blown out of the water.

It seems to me that modern software is perfectly able to "cope" with the
PUA. Using OS X I can read and write email and web pages in Cirth,
Tengwar, and Klingon perfectly well. The problems mentioned earlier in
this thread disappear if one uses correct html/css for websites and uses
html mail rather than plain text with the Mozilla mail client, which
otherwise won't let you choose the font for incoming mail.