RE: Encoding for Fun (was Line Separator)

From: Jill Ramonsky (Jill.Ramonsky@aculab.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 09:49:17 CST

I can't argue with that ... but my strings were always in (32-bit wide)
Unicode at "sort-time". I'm not sure exactly how much value there is a
lexicographical sort anyway. I mean, even in Latin-1, surely 'é' should
not come after 'z'?

Of course, UTF-16 doesn't have the binary sort property either.
Jill