Terminology verification

From: Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@garshol.priv.no)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 13:59:03 CST

I'm working on a specification for a data model and would like to
check that my definition of the string type makes sense.

The definition currently says:

  <dt>String</dt>
  <dd><p>Strings are sequences of Unicode code points
  conforming to Unicode Normalization Form C <xref to="unicode"/>.</p>

  abstract Unicode characters. This implies that all comparisons are
  case-sensitive.</p>

Does this make sense? Is "code point" the right term, or should I say
"scalar value"? And what about "abstract character"? Are two equal
sequences of code points in NFC necessarily composed of the same
sequence of abstract characters?

Thanks for any help!