Re: [hebrew] Re: ZWJ, ZWNJ, CGJ and combination

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 11:37:15 EST

    Philippe, I was deliberately making different threads for the main
    Unicode list and for the Hebrew list. Please keep them distinct.

    On 08/11/2003 17:15, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >I'm curious about what name you would give to it.
    >The name COMBINING CHARACTER JOINER is already used...

    Where? It is not in the character index.

    >In all our discussions we should have used the term "starter" (instead of
    >just "base character" which is ambiguous) for any characters of combining
    >class 0 and which include: ...

    Your new set of definitions just might be useful, but they are not the
    definitions in the Unicode standard and in some ways conflict with them.
    If you want different definitions, you may propose these to the UTC, but
    my question concerns what is acceptable according to the current
    definitions.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)