Re: Hexadecimal digits?

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 15:01:37 EST

    (1) I distinguish between different kinds of digit 5 even within the same
    radix.

    radix 10 most-significant first positional digit 5 (examples: 5, ٥)

    radix 10 units digit 5 (example: ה )

    radix 10 tens digit 5 (example נ )

    (2)

    How would the natural sort algorithm handle fractions? Does 123,456 come
    before or after 123.456 ?

    (3) I don't expect natural sorting to sort in numeric value but if it
    is modified to do that anyway then I certainly don't want it to stop doing
    that without warning when the format of the numers becomes complicated.