Re: Ewellic

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 23:16:17 EST

    Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

    > But jeez, louise, you'd think that people on this list would
    > be sophisticated enough about writing systems and scripts to
    > not have to have long, dragged-out arguments attempting to
    > clarify the obvious.

    Sir Peter Medawar, the biologist, once addressed a roomful of other
    biologists debating the definition of life as follows:

            I think all of us know the difference between a live horse and
            a dead one, so let us cease to beat the latter.

    --
    Income tax, if I may be pardoned for saying so,         John Cowan
    is a tax on income.  --Lord Macnaghten (1901)           jcowan@reutershealth.com