"Www" as an internet riddle

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 13:06:12 EST

    Some days ago a friend was designing a for an advertisement campaign for
    a web saloon and I saw her toying around with U+0064.

    «That's good for symbolizing e-mail», I said, «but that joint supports
    no POP3/SMTP access, only webbrowsing. «You should go for a "www"

    This dummy then produced U+02AC to the startled friend, and hurried in
    search a sadly inexisting COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER W. Settled for
    U+0651, just for the sake of it...

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin, | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |