Re: creating a test font w/ CJKV Extension B characters.

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 15:21:29 EST

    From: "Frank Yung-Fong Tang" <ytang0648@aol.com>

    > so.. in summary, how is your concusion about the quality of "GB18030"
    > support on IE6/Win2K ? If you run the same test on Mozilla / Netscape
    > 7.0, what is your conclusion about that quality of support?

    In Summary?

    Well, in summry, I fail to see how testing for NCRs has anything to do with
    suport of *any* encoding in a browser. It seems like an inadequate test of
    functionality of "gb18030" support.

    If you want to test gb18030 support, then please encode a web page in
    gb18030 and test *that* in the browser of your choice.

    Now if you want to discuss NCR support then that may also be interesting.
    But it would be nice to have tests that actually cover what they claim to
    cover....

    MichKa [MS]
    NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development