[OT] GB 18030 certification

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 07:32:12 EST

    I was wondering: what exactly does GB-18030 certification consists of?

    I guess that some tests done on the software, but what exactly? Also, where
    and who performs this certification? Does the Chinese government do it
    directly, or is it out-sourced to external agencies? Does this have to be in
    China or are offices available also abroad?

    Thanks in advance for any info. Please reply off-line if you think the
    matter is not of general interest for the list.

    _ Marco