Re: Normalisation stability, was: Compression through normalization

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 11:55:28 EST

    Normalization may or may not have an effect on compression. It has
    definitely been shown to have an effect on Hebrew combining marks.

    I must ask, however, that we try to keep these issues separate in
    discussion, and not let the compression topic, if there is to be any,
    degenerate into a wing of the lengthy and contentious Hebrew thread.
    I'm hoping people won't be scared away from discussing compression for
    fear of being dragging into Meteg Wars.

    Thanks,

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California