Re: numeric properties of Nl characters in the UCD

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 02:18:22 EST

    D. Starner <shalesller at writeme dot com> write:

    > And let's be honest - every word written in Gothic, ever, fits on 68
    > pages of paper (small font, and both sides, but still.) (This isn't
    > counting the grocery lists of Tolkein and Ewell, of course. But they
    > are the exception.)

    Anyone who really, badly wants to parse the grocery lists of Ewell using
    software can check the character properties for Ewellic, in standard
    Unicode format, at:

    http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/ew-props.html

    While these characters ain't never gonna be in Unicode, I would think
    all proposals for encoding should have this level of detail regarding
    the properties of the proposed characters.

    Note especially the "number" fields for the hex digits: they are
    numeric, they are even digits, but they're not *decimal* digits.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/