RE: numeric properties of Nl characters in the UCD

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 04:54:55 EST

    PLEASE don't quote me out of context, Doug. You can't quote "This being
    so" without also quoting what the "This" predicate was upon which the
    conclusions were based. As it happens, it was subsequently pointed out
    to me that the "This" predicate was, in fact, NOT so, therefore it is
    perfectly obvious that the conclusion will no longer follow from the
    predicate. What's more, the post from which you were quoting was my
    ASKING for the Unicode definition of "decimal digit", not ascribing one.
    The fact that I said "IF it is defined in such-and-such a way in Unicode
    THEN xyz follows", does NOT imply that xyz follows regardless of the
    "if" condition. I don't like being misquoted, quoted out of context, or
    being accused of taking positions which I do not take, and I /really/
    don't like it when someone actually /argues/ against a position which I
    do not take, as though I had said something I hadn't. (That's usually
    considered a "straw man" argument). I humbly request that in future, if
    people were to respond to what I have actually said in full, instead of
    to /part/ of it taken completely out of context, then I'd feel a lot
    happier.

    Of /course/ I know what "decimal" means in everyday language. Do you
    think I'm an idiot? Please stop treating me as one.
    Jill