RE: German 0364 COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER E

From: Kent Karlsson (kentk@cs.chalmers.se)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 08:39:10 EST

    Philippe wrote:

    > > For the same reason, why is the German "ess-tsett" (sharp S) given a
    > > compatibility decomposition as <s><s> instead of <long-s><s>?

    I wrote a reply which I take back. Sharp s (ß) does NOT have ANY
    decomposition in the UCD. (It has a decomposition in the data file
    used as a basis for the generation of the collation data tables (CTT
    and DUCET), but that is another matter. It also has a case folding,
    but that too is another matter.)

            /kent k