Re: Latin letter GHA or Latin letter IO ?

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 18:57:07 EST

    on 2004-01-03 14:23 Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > The problem we were discussing here is that only the informative and
    > non-normative properties are giving the appropriate identity of the encoded
    > letters, but NONE of the existing normative properties...

    It seems to me that a little reflection would reveal that it is easiest
    to make properties normative when they are *not* informative, beyond
    whatever it is that they uniquely specify. There were very good reasons
    to make both code points and character names normative; people assume
    that the latter are informative, and that's where we get into trouble.
    No one argues about the fact that Ƣ is U+01A2; only its name is a "problem".

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/