Re: unicode Digest V4 #3

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 15:05:23 EST

    From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    > On 05/01/2004 10:17, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > >>Can we leave OI/gha out of this? ...
    > >
    > >Certainly, but that's not me who suggested to unify the "i with bottom
    right
    > >hook" as a variant of "oi/gha". In fact if you read what I read, I have
    > >exactly said the opposite, because I have always thought that "oi/gha"
    > >was a variant of "g" and not of "i"...
    >
    > Just for clarification, I didn't either. The first message in which the
    > concept was mentioned was Philippe saying that he did not suggest this.

    Also because this message was replying to a possibly confusing message you
    wrote in which both letters were mixed in the same sentence. My first
    message about it was a reply to say that this was confusive and that many
    people would be confused if we just kept the name "oi" as normative and
    "gha" as only informative (as Michael wanted to demonstrate to us...) So no,
    there was never a confusion in my mind even before the thread started as I
    had always felt the letter "gha" being a "g" variant, despite of its
    deceptive glyph-related normative "oi" name.

    I don't know why I always need to reexplain my sentences. If this is because
    English is not my native language, I'm sorry about this. Please read my
    messages by first considering the precautions I take the time to include,
    instead of just quoting only 1 of my sentences which may then appear
    confusive if taken out of his effective context, and arguing it is wrong or
    bad. Yes it can appear bad or wrong, but not in its initial context.