Re: New MS Mac Office and Unicode?

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:08:18 EST

    >On 13/01/2004 18:01, Han-Yi Shaw wrote:

    >> As noted below, Office 2004 for Macintosh will support the input,
    >> display, and basic editing of Unicode characters associated with the
    >> following keyboards (tentative list):

    It looks to me like the new Mac Office will probably match the
    capabilities of the latest Adobe releases, being basically Unicode-savvy
    but still not able to handle right-to-left scripts like
    Arabic/Persian/Hebrew, complex scripts like Devanagari/Thai, or anything
    requiring combining diacritics (including uncomposed Vietnamese). Is that
    accurate?