Re: Klingon

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 14:03:50 EST

    From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <mark@kli.org>

    > It's incredibly useful, Philippe, to have some inkling of what you're
    > talking about before you answer.

    I'm sorry, the last time I saw a Klingon font, it was using PUAs to map each
    letter form...
    I thought it was the one refered by this shouting message from Chris.

    I still think that the Latin-based orthograph of ther Klingon language is
    Latin, but it does not represent the Klingon script which has its own
    identity, with less problems than the kludgy Latin convention used by
    Klingon supporters (they really support the Klingon language itself, as
    designed by the TV show authors...)

    Also sorry, I spoke about Tolkien in a previous message. I don't know why I
    associated him to this Star-Trek TV show... I should have thought twice
    instead of mixing that pathetic Star-Trek show with the fabulous world of
    Tolkien's books.