Re: Typing ZWJ and ZWNJ easily

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 13:35:10 EST

    Haresh Gujarathi (eMantra Information) wrote:

    > I have win xp and I want to type in ZWJ and ZWNJ while using Indic
    > Language. I am using INSCRIPT keyboard layout for Indic Scripts.
    >
    > One way as I understand is entering unicode value and then Alt+X. But
    > this is very cumbersome way to do if one is doing lot of text input.
    >
    > Is there any simpler way?
    >
    > If not, IMHO, this is serious limitation.

    Microsoft's Global Development site says ZWJ and ZWNJ are available on
    the INSCRIPT keyboard at Shift+Right Ctrl+1 and Shift+Right Ctrl+2
    respectively.

    To view these, go to:

    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards.aspx

    and select "Devanagari - INSCRIPT" from the list.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/