Re: Cuneiform Free Variation Selectors

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 19:40:24 EST

    dean.snyder@jhu.edu asked:

    >How long does it take to create a Mongolian font, compared to, let's say,
    >a Hebrew one?

    Very, very, very long. As far as I know, no Mongolian Unicode font yet
    exists that contains more than the basic glyphs without any support for
    ligatures or positional or variant forms, which makes them essentially
    useless, other than perhaps to illustrate those basic glyphs.

    (If I'm wrong and somebody has one, please send me a copy.)