Combining down-pointing triangle above?

From: Doug Ewell (
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 20:47:38 EST

  • Next message: Sarasvati: "Re: Cuneiform Free Variation Selectors"

    I came across a character the other day that I can't find in Unicode.
    It's a lower-case "c" with what appears to be a solid downward-pointing
    triangle diacritic above it, supposedly used in the Chumash language.
    It's shown in the attached PNG image (can be converted to lesser formats
    on request).

    Is this just a fancified hacek, or a potential candidate for proposal?
    Naturally, from a Unicode standpoint I'm thinking about a combining
    character, not a precomposed c-with-triangle.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California


    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Sun Jan 18 2004 - 21:23:05 EST