Re: Cuneiform Free Variation Selectors

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 06:27:49 EST

    > It may not be magic but I was basically told it was taboo in Unicode.

    If it was a taboo that would mean that it was something which is often thought
    of as a law being imposed by someone, but is in fact merely something that
    would have severely negative consequences and the lawgivers tell you not to do
    it to save you and the community from those consequences.

    So if we are going to be like Aelius Tubero killing the woodpecker we'd want to
    know of a greater negative consequence in not breaking the taboo before we
    sacrifice ourselves by doing so. And then maybe still not do it to be on the
    safe side.

    --
    Jon Hanna
    <http://www.hackcraft.net/>