Re: Web Form: Other Question: Etruscan,Sanscrit & Linear B on ibo ok G4

From: John Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 19:12:22 EST

    On Jan 28, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Marco Cimarosti wrote:

    > John Jenkins wrote:
    >> Anybody understand what he means by there is "unicode gamma of
    >> characters but it is not complete"?
    >
    > I guess "unicode gamma of characters" is Italinglish for "Unicode
    > character
    > set".
    >
    > (Italian "gamma" means "repertoire", "range", "scale", "set".)

    OK, so what he's saying is that he can't get all the characters he
    needs for the three? (One wonders what he needs.)

    FWIW, Mac OS X 10.3 has full support for Sanskrit, including a
    keyboard. (This is, of course, on the OS level. Individual apps may
    not support it.) If he can get a full Unicode-based Etruscan or Linear
    B font, that will work in any Unicode-savvy application as well. We
    don't provide one with the system.

    ========
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com