RE: Infix profanity (Very OT) (was Phonology)

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 10:23:25 EST

    > Nope, sorry. Not American -- Minbari.
    >
    > For more info on the Minbari, please see:
    > http://www.sadgeezer.com/babylon5/minbari.htm
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > James Kass

    Good point. I was actually referring to the writers, not the character,
    but you could certainly argue that the writers took Delenn's origins
    into account when they gave her her lines. However, at the time she said
    "abso-fraggin-lutely", she did so because she was learning how to swear
    in English (having recently learnt the word "butt" from Captain
    Sheridan), so infix-profanity must have been in common use /somewhere/
    in the B5 universe at the time.

    Anyway, you are right, Delenn is not American, so I withdraw my comment.
    Smeg!

    Jill