RE: Public Review Issue #27

From: Peter Constable (
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 17:37:21 EST

    > From: []
    On Behalf
    > Of Peter Kirk

    > >The UTC decided to allow ZWJ/ZWNJ to occur in combining character
    > >sequences.

    > Thank you. So I can do what I was wanting to do (Hebrew meteg
    > sequences) with a clear conscience!

    Well, perhaps there is a step that's needed to propose representations
    for the alternate positions of meteg, one of these making use of ZWJ or
    ZWNJ (whichever) and to get UTC to approve that so that it's formally a
    part of the standard and, hence, an interoperable representation.

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division