RE: extracting code page of current locale

From: Rick Cameron (Rick.Cameron@businessobjects.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 15:23:17 EST

    The function setlocale is a CRT function; GetACP (and other candidates like
    GetUserDefaultLCID) is a Win32 function - and ne'er the twain shall meet!

    Setting the CRT's locale using setlocale will not, I believe, change the OS
    current user locale, and vice versa.

    My advice: shun the CRT's locale-related functions like the spawn of Satan.
    Use the Win32 functions exclusively.

    Good luck

    - rick cameron