New keyboards for SC UniPad

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 03:22:55 EST

    I've added two new members to my team of freely available add-in
    keyboard layouts for users of SC UniPad, available at
    http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/unipad-kbds.html

    The African keyboard is based on the design presented by Lorna Priest of
    SIL International in a paper last year. The UniPad keyboard has been
    modified slightly to conform to the requirements of UniPad (no separate
    Left+Alt and Right+Alt states, and no arbitrary dead keys) and to
    exclude private-use characters specific to SIL usage.

    The Korean keyboard is a superset of the well-known "Kong" three-set
    design. Extra keys have been added to ensure that all doubled leading
    consonants and complex vowels are covered. This keyboard can be used
    with the "Combine Hangul Jamo" option in UniPad to create precomposed
    Hangul syllables if desired.

    With the addition of these two entries, a total of 18 free UniPad
    keyboards are now available on my site.

    For more information about SC UniPad, with which I am not professionally
    affiliated, visit http://www.unipad.org.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/