Re: Version(s) of Unicode supported by various versions of Microsoft Windows

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 14:10:18 EST

    On Friday, March 05, 2004 6:39 PM, Peter Constable va escriure:

    > People *really shouldn't* ask "Does product X support Unicode version
    > N?" They should be asking questions like "Can product X correctly
    > perform function Y on such-and-such characters added in Unicode
    > version N?"

    Fact is, conformance to Unicode, as specified in the standard, is something
    of a fuzzy target. So after reading chapter 3 (conformance) and 2.12 (which
    does not enlighted me very much), I reformulate the question as:

    - For each version of Windows NT, what is the version of the Unicode
    Character Database the NLS API intents to conform to?

    A similar question could be asked in relation with sorting (but since I
    cannot figure easily how TUS defines conformance in the area of sorting,
    particularly some years ago, I cannot figure how to spell out the question)

    Antoine