Modifying Standard fonts

From: Kyekyeku.Opoku-Pong@nokia.com
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 04:32:44 EST

    A colleague and I are working on a keyboard standard for our country, Ghana. We think that the people of Ghana would like to use this keyboard but would also like to use the Standard fonts as well.

    Standard fonts like Arial, Times New Roman don't have the Ghanaian letters. The Ghanaian letters, as I have learnt from this forum are all in Unicode.

    My questions is, would it be legal for us to modify these Standard fonts and package them with our keyboard software so that anyone who uses our keyboard could also use these standard fonts? We would