From: Rick McGowan (email@example.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 18:49:53 EST
Unicode 4.0.1 has been released! The data files and documentation are
final and posted on the Unicode site. For details, see the version page for
Unicode 4.0.1 at:
Unicode 4.0.1 is an update version of the Unicode Standard. It adds no new
characters. The updated Unicode Character Database files for this version
are available in the 4.0-Update1 directory:
For the unchanged files, see Unicode 4.0.0:
The book publication, The Unicode Standard, Version 4.0, together with
this specification and the online Unicode Standard Annexes and the Unicode
Character Database, define Version 4.0.1 of the Unicode Standard. The book
gives the general principles, requirements for conformance, and guidelines
for implementers, followed by character code charts and names. This book
can be ordered online. Additional characters, clarifications, and errata
are covered in this document.
The main new features in Unicode 4.0.1 are the following:
1. The first significant update of the Unihan Database (Unihan.txt)
since Unicode 3.2.0, including a large number of fixes and
additional data items.
2. Significant clarifications in four definitions used in conformance.
3. Unicode Character Database:
* New character properties: STerm and Variation_Selector
* Updated significantly: Terminal_Punctuation, Math,
Script, and Line_Break
* Changed: general category of U+200B ZERO WIDTH SPACE
* Changed: bidi class of several characters
* Added: property value aliases
* Revised: formats in some of the data files
4. Changes in the recommended loose comparison of Character name values.
5. Clearer definition of the encoding of Bengali Reph and Ya-phalaa
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Tue Mar 30 2004 - 19:32:42 EST