Arabic Shaping Classes

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 19:04:23 EST

    Well, I've decided to start what is probably a quixotic quest for
    a better set of private use characters. Such a proposal will need
    to be complete, but it had best be as simple as possible. That
    leads me to my first question. Where is the Arabic Shaping
    Class property normally taken care of? Is this something that is
    normally handled inside a font, and as such, something that can
    be left with a generic default, or is this something which would
    require explicitly setting aside ranges for each shaping class.
    (With 54 existing shaping classes, I sincerely hope that not
    having to set ranges for each class will prove feasible.)

    Ernest Cline
    ernestcline@mindspring.com