Re: Doing Markup in Plain Text: A Modest Proposal for Planes 4-B of Unicode

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 08:25:59 EST

    Fix the permissions on the link to the .jar

    I actually had to do this, and did it mainly by hand, in the newfangled
    option for seeing the KLI's Klingon-only journal (Qo'noS QonoS) in
    Klingon lettering (using the PUA assignments in CSUR). e.g.
    http://www.kli.org/QQ/QQ0402.html?mode=UTF

    In order to simplify things, I naturally made things more complicated.
    :) So when you request an issue in pIqaD mode, the program fetches
    itself from the server (since its raw source code is PHP and not HTML;
    this way it gets the true HTML version of itself), and then replaces the
    text with pIqaD, being careful not to replace the contents of the HTML
    tags. The things you have to go through...

    ~mark