Re: GREEK ANO TELEIA

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 00:15:59 EDT

    Alexandros Diamantidis wrote:

    > Yes, I know - I've seen professionally published magazines with the
    > wrong ano teleia glyph, bigger and lower than it should be. It was
    > probably not even caused by normalization - I think most Greek keyboards
    > produce 00B7 and not 0387.
    >
    > Since language-dependend glyph selection isn't very widespread for now,
    > would it be too much to ask font designers to put a MIDDLE DOT glyph
    > appropriate for Greek in fonts capable of displaying Greek text?

    If the font were intended only for Greek, I would consider it, but it may not be practical
    in multiscript fonts. Even in a font intended only for Greek, though, I can't be sure that
    someone won't have a need for a genuine mid-dot.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com