RE: Unihan.txt and the four dictionary sorting algorithm

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 22:01:22 EDT

            Different systems (and different applications, too) have different
    interpretations of where tab boundaries occur. The most common
    interpretations are modulo-8 and modulo-5, but I've seen modulo-4 as well.
    Viewing tabs on a system with a different interpretation of tab widths can
    be painful, which is why James proposed they not be used (also note his
    "arguably"). I code with modulo-3 tabs, and must convert to and from
    pure-space text to archive my code, which comes with its own set of
    problems.

    /|/|ike