Re: lowercased Unicode language tags ? (was:ISO 15924)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 03:17:02 CDT

From: "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>
> Catalan is not Spanish, and has its own code. RFC 3066 permits registration
> of sub-country codes if needed, but they must be registered explicitly
> to be used. The proposed replacement, RFC 3066bis, does not yet
> allow sub-country codes.

Oops, I searched an example, and forgot to change the leading code.
This should have been read as: "ca-Latn-ESCI" or "ca-ESCI".
It's not importnat here, it was only an arbitrary example to show that the
syntax in RFC 3066 may become ambiguous to parse.
Someone says that this should be "ca-Latn-ES-CI" or "ca-ES-CI" without this
problem. But isn't there (sub-country) region codes with 4 letters?