Re: lowercased Unicode language tags ? (was:ISO 15924)

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 06:34:31 CDT

Christopher Vance scripsit:

> Even if there were (my draft is at work and I can't check right now),
> there's no problem. Script names are mixed case, and ISO 3166-2
> subcountry codes are all upper.

I think the principle of case insensitivity in RFC 3066 is unlikely
to change. In any case, though, ISO 3166-2 codes aren't that
predictable: in the U.K., they are all numeric. This is one reason
that it is hard to use them productively; another reason is that they
are not (all) openly published on the Net.

--
A witness cannot give evidence of his           John Cowan
age unless he can remember being born.          jcowan@reutershealth.com