Re: New contribution

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 12:17:00 CDT

On 02/05/2004 16:28, Michael Everson wrote:

> Common sense says that you should not use the Hebrew block for
> Phoenician script with a masquerading font, since the Hebrew script
> and the Phoenician script are different scripts.

OK, I get the point. Unicode doesn't tell anyone what to do, but common
sense doesn't. Semiticists are allowed to continue to do what they are
doing if your proposal is accepted, but if they don't, in your opinion
they lack common sense. Well, I suspect this negative opinion might be
mutual, and your proposal might be ignored.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)