Re: UTC Agenda Item: A Script Model

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 20:49:59 CDT

Your track record is not at all bad -- and I never mean to imply that. You have
definitely made good contributions to the standard-- and have shown great
dedication to the efforts of getting minority and scholarly scripts encoded.

The issue I have had is that once you get convinced that X is
"self-evident", you sometimes seem to find it hard to articulate arguments,
beyond repeating the equivalent of "I'm an expert, therefore X is true".

Mark

P.S. However, you do really need to stop switching email recipients; you've done
that several times to me recently. I had sent that response on a closed email
list, but you then toss it out to the public list. The original message was:

> At 22:54 -0700 2004-05-02, Mark Davis wrote:
> >Thanks. No, the intent is not to be binding; however, if there are any other
> >factors that would contribute to a decision, please let me know and I will
> >include them.
>
> Sometimes it is hard for me to quantify or qualify my instincts on
> these matters. I am sure some of you will dislike my saying so. But
> sometimes self-evident is self-evident....
> --
> Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com

http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄