Re: New contribution

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 21:47:35 CDT

jameskass@att.net scripsit:

> A fairer question to ask might be:
>
> Would you have any objections if the Phoenician script were given
> a separate encoding in the Unicode Standard as long as such an
> encoding wouldn't interfere with your ability to continue
> encoding texts as you please?
>
> (And to the last, I'd be tempted to add: If so, what on Earth could those
> objections be?)

Expense. Complication. Delays while the encoding gets into the Standard
and thence into popular operating systems, with all the accoutrements
such as keyboard software.

--
All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    http://www.reutershealth.com