Re: New contribution

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 23:55:49 CDT

Michael Everson wrote:

>> Expense. Complication. Delays while the encoding gets into the Standard
>> and thence into popular operating systems, with all the accoutrements
>> such as keyboard software.

> None of those are reasons to stop encoding historic scripts.

No one is suggesting that these are reasons to stop encoding historic scripts. They may,
however, be taken into account when deciding whether or not to encode an historic script
that at least some people consider to be already encoded.

John Hudson

--
Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com