Re: New Contribution: In support of Phoenician from a user

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 11:30:53 CDT

Resending this and several other messages which I sent about 24 hours
ago, I thought before the server was supposed to have been switched off,
but which don't seem to have appeared on the system.

On 02/05/2004 11:57, Deborah W. Anderson wrote:

>As one coming from the world of ancient Indo-European (IE) and as editor of a journal on IE out of UCLA, I am in support of the Phoenician proposal.

Thank you, Deborah. You have given what is to me a much better argument
for separate encoding of the Phoenician script than any that I have seen
before, from the proposer or anyone else. I find your point about
ensuring that XML documents are correctly displayed especially
significant. If your support had been cited in the original proposal
with your arguments, rather a lot of spilled electrons could have been
saved. Well, I guess it is not too late to include them in a revised
proposal.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)