Re: Drumming them out

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 12:00:21 CDT

On 04/05/2004 06:10, Michael Everson wrote:

>> and myself I'm still not convinced the distinction between Greek and
>> Coptic in bilingual editions is not truly just a font issue.
>

> Plain-text searching of Crum's dictionary, for instance, is a
> perfectly valid requirement, and one which was brought to bear on the
> disunification.

Out of interest, are there any dictionaries e.g. of the Phoenician
language which use both Phoenician and Hebrew script, with a plain text
distinction? I can quite imagine that there are. If there are, they
would provide a good justification for your proposal, helping to supply
what is currently missing.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)