Re: Proposal to add QAMATS QATAN to the BMP of the UCS

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 22:42:15 CDT

Mark E. Shoulson scripsit:

> If it were possible to do this, couldn't we rearrange everything so that
> the points were NOT screwed up like they are?

No. The numbers assigned to the various canonical combining classes
are arbitrary so they can be renumbered, but which characters belong to which
classes, and the order of the classes, are both immutable.

Think RESEQUENCE from Basic.

--
LEAR: Dost thou call me fool, boy?      John Cowan
FOOL: All thy other titles              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan