Re: Just if and where is the then?

From: African Oracle (oracle@africaservice.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 10:07:02 CDT

Laughter: Yes, Doug I could see what you have done, but it does not appear
right or look right. It is just like putting the nose where the eyes are
supposed to be a bit out of phase; especially with the dot below and even
worst when one is considering O with dot below. Looking at what you have
done and which I have done, it is not enough that there are codes to take
care of what we are discussing, I just think a lot of shifting right and
left has to be done in the font table which will adversely affect using the
equivalent codes.

This is what I am trying to say. If I shift the position of my grave, acute
or dot in the font table to compensate for what I wanted to acheive with Ẹ́
it will affect the position when applying the same on another letters. I am
aware that there could be an instruction in the font on how it should
display a letter.

Besides it requires a special instruction to have Ẹ́ in a font table as
suggested by the guys at Fontlabs which I am yet to experiment. But since
Peter is here, he can shed more light on how this can be implemented.

Dele Olawole