Re: SSP default ignorable characters, was: Variation selectors and vowel marks

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 13:24:27 CDT

On 05/05/2004 15:59, Jony Rosenne wrote:

>This applies to any requirement. Getting it approved by the UTC is only the
>first step. Vendors have to put money on it, and they have to know why.
>
>BTW, you are probably better off doing your own thing with Windows, because
>there are a lot of tools available.
>
>Jony

Jony, you obviously misunderstand the situation. If the UTC changes the
properties of characters, in the database, those new properties are
AUTOMATICALLY picked up by future versions of much software, which
simply reads the Unicode character database. No conscious decision by
vendors required, no money involved. Of course there is no guarantee
that any particular software will do this, or when, but I understand
that a lot of software does this.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)