Re: Just if and where is the sense then?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 14:17:16 CDT

Peter Kirk wrote:

>> Eudora does not currently support Unicode, but the very excellent and
>> *free* Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program does. See:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

> But does it display the Oracle's Yoruba correctly? Mozilla 1.6 doesn't.
> Or maybe it's the default plain text font.

The original question was about Unicode support, not about specific rendering technology.
Thunderbird supports Unicode text encoding. So far as my tests indicate, Thunderbird on
Windows uses Uniscribe for text layout, so if you have the appropriate version of
Uniscribe in the program directory and the appropriate OpenType fonts installed, you
should be able to enjoy exactly the same text rendering in Thunderbird as in Word.

John Hudson

--
Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com