Re: Phoenician

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 08:17:41 CDT

    Christopher Fynn scripsit:

    > OTOH applications that generate collated lists should ideally provide a
    > straightforward means of applying special tailoring tables.

    "Should ideally" are the operative words; in most cases, we're lucky
    if we get default collating behavior rather than UTF-16 or UTF-8/UTF-32
    binary sorting. That's why it's important what the content of the
    default collation is, and that it get things right for at least a
    large subset of users.

    --
    Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.
            --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"