Re: OT [was TR35]

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 06:09:43 CDT

    John Hudson scripsit:
    > Jony Rosenne wrote:
    >
    > >Mozilla's main value is for non-Windows platforms.
    >
    > And for people who are unimpressed by Outlook's security track record.

    The main reason I spoke of the Outlook addiction is that (at least as of
    the last time I looked at the question) it is practically impossible
    to get one's data (saved emails, saved calendar entries, etc.) out of
    the Outlook database in usable form. In particular, emails with
    attachments are practically beyond reconstruction.

    Mozilla-based email systems use plain mbox/Eudora format, which at least
    maintains the emails in a way that's easy to understand.

    Me, I use mutt. GUI-based mail clients are just too slow.

    --
    John Cowan   jcowan@reutershealth.com  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    Most languages are dramatically underdescribed, and at least one is