Re: L2/04-159 http://elainerk.win.aplus.net/samarpro.pdf

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 09:06:00 CDT

    At 16:09 -0700 2004-05-13, E. Keown wrote:

    >As the proposal says, Hebrew has been written with about 5 sets of
    >diacritics. Samaritan is one of them.

    Mark Shoulson and I have samples of Samaritan diacritics being used
    with Hebrew letters, but we think they should be encoded in a
    Samaritan block with the Samaritan letters. That wouldn't prevent
    their use with Hebrew letters though. Arabic diacritics are sometimes
    used with Samaritan too.

    Elaine's document is a useful contribution.